Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It has been a little while since I wrote my last letter because not much has been happening in my new sector but I have been so so very busy! Please forgive me. 

This last week was so, so wonderful! I had my FIRST CHRISTMAS away from home but it wasn't very hard at all. In fact it didn't feel like christmas a bit here in chile! It's very hot right now where I am and the people aren't as big on christmas as they are in the states! At the same time christmas was very wonderful because we had the opportunity to focus and remeber the birth of the Lord! 

This week I also have so big news I recieved a call Sunday that I am getting TRANSFERED! I will be going to a place called Valdivia this Thursday! my sector is called Calle-Calle. I have had about 6 weeks here in frutillar! which is crazy! I still feel like I dont know this place at all! 

This last week we taught an investiagator that is about 70 years old if not older. The missionaries have been teaching him for a little bit of time but he hasnt been progressing.  He is extremely hard to teach because he loves to talk about whatever in the world comes to his mind. So we focused on the restoration and the prophet joseph smith.  We invited him to pray to know if it is true and he told us that he has prayed numerous times and hasnt gotten anything. We told him that we are going to pray with him. The moment we did it was so wonderful! After he told us that it was the first time in a long time that he got on his knees to pray. He gave a humble prayer and very specificly asked to know if the church is true, if joseph smith was a prophet of God, if the book of mormon is true and if Jesus visited the Americas. We then invited him to continue to pray on his knees with true intent every time. It was so so spiritual and we are returning to visit him tomorrow! 

Anyways, everything has been super good.  The mission is going by extremely fast. I can hardly believe it! I am so grateful family for everything you do for me.  The love and support means so very much and I am so greatful for it everyday! 




Frutillar is said to be like Geneva Switzerland

 Gardens in Frutillar

 "Couldn't resist"

 This volcano is the Icon of the Osorno Mission

D&C 4:4 For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

No comments:

Post a Comment