Monday, October 28, 2013

THIS WEEK WAS SO, SO GOOD!!!!!!

So this week we had to go into Punta Arenas to have a bunch of conferences, and some stake conferences as well as other stuff. But it was so, so awesome; because I got to see all the members from my old sector!!!!!! I was so happy to see them and it brought so, so much joy! It shows so much how important it is to serve a mission! There truly are people out there that only specific people can touch their lives. All of the members that I got to see have such a special place in my heart. And they have changed my life forever! I am so happy that I got to see them again because it helped me see the importance of being the best person you can be with every person you meet! Such a wonderful experience.

Anyways, I have been here the whole time so I didn't have a whole lot of time in my sector.  But our investigators are for sure progressing! It is so cool to see the change in peoples lives.  

Saturday night we had a stake conference. I learned so much about the work. Truly these are the last days and the work is definetly a sign of it. But the thing that was most important to me; that I learned during this conference; Of which I want to share with you guys; Is the importance of working together as missionaries and as members.  The person that was speaking was a seventy and he said that... This is not the work of the missionaries, nor the work of the members; but it's the work of the Lord. And that we both have the same amount of responsibility to do the work. Whether a member or a missionary. He invited every person in the congregation to have a family home evening with someone who was either less active or not a member. To invite them to come to their house and have a family home evening, and BRING THEM TO THE GOSPEL.  Then he brought up some logistics.  He showed that Punta Arenas has 160,000 people; that 4,500 have been baptized as members, and that only 500 are active.  Basically he said, "Brethren, we have work to do." 

It was so inspiring as missionaries! It gave a such a wave of energy.  Because truly we are incapable without the help of the members.

My point and invitation to all of you is TO PLEASE HELP THE MISSIONARIES IN YOUR AREA!!!! We need you help! And so does The Lord!!!!

Anyways, I love you all family and friends!!!! Thank you so so much for your prayers! I can feel the power and see the effects of them everyday! I am truly grateful for every little prayer! Thank you so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment